Product safety / Customer satisfaction
Basic policy on product quality
In order to embody our corporate philosophy, the whole Yakult Group is working to ensure quality assurance based on the Yakult Group Basic Quality Policy, which specifies the fundamental policies and promotion system related to quality and safety.
Yakult Group Basic Quality Policy
The Yakult Group contributes to the health and happiness of people around the world by offering safe and secure products and services with sincerity.
The Yakult Group works as one to ensure quality control and offers safe, secure, and quality products and reliable and satisfying services at all levels of research, development, procurement, production, logistics, public relations, advertising, and sales.
2Compliance with laws, regulations, and international norms
In addition to compliance with laws, regulations, etc., of the countries and regions where it conducts business, the Yakult Group shall strive to respect cultures and customs and ensure high quality and safety.
The group has established a quality management system complying with global standards in production. It shall adhere to international norms regarding quality and safety and carry out responsible business activities.
Based on the Yakult Group Basic Quality Policy (hereinafter referred to as the “Policy”), concerned departments of the Yakult Group shall conduct audits and other activities and committees including directors shall manage and supervise such activities.
If a quality-related emergency or an issue that may violate related laws, regulations or the Policy occurs, the group shall take swift and appropriate measures based on internal rules such as crisis management regulations.
4Dialogue with stakeholders
The Yakult Group shall value communications with customers and other stakeholders and proactively offer appropriate information while aiming to improve quality and safety from the customers’ perspective.
Established: March 30, 2021
Product quality certifications
We are promoting acquisition of HACCP, ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, Safe Quality Food (SQF) and other certifications for Yakult Honsha plants, bottling companies, marketing companies and Group companies outside Japan. The Zhongli Plant of Yakult Taiwan Co., Ltd. has acquired SQF level-3 certification, the highest level of the SQF program.
The Foshan Plant of Guangzhou Yakult Co. Ltd. acquired HACCP certification in February 2021 and ISO 9001 certification in March 2021.
(Number of certified locations: as of August 2023)
|Yakult Honsha plants, bottling companies in Japan
(10 dairy product plants)
|Marketing companies in Japan (101 in total)
|Plants outside Japan (27 locations in total)*3
- *1 In Japan, food hygiene control based on HACCP principles was instituted through the Act on the Partial Amendment of the Food Sanitation Act in 2018. In line with this, we acquired ISO 22000 certification at Yakult Honsha dairy product plants, all 10 plants of bottling companies, and the Production Division, including the Production Control Department.
- *2 Includes branches that have acquired the certification
- *3 Acquisition rate at plants both in and outside Japan: 5.4%
- HACCP: A system for assuring safety by implementing thorough hygiene management across the entire manufacturing process
- ISO 9001: An international standard for quality management systems
- ISO 22000: An international standard for food safety management systems based on HACCP hygiene management methods
- FSSC 22000: An international standard for food safety management systems based on ISO 22000 that incorporates food defense and other matters
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice): An international standard for pharmaceuticals and food manufacturing management and quality control
Note: In Taiwan, the plant obtained TQF (Taiwan Quality Food) certification which is equivalent to GMP.
- Halal: A standard for food quality management systems based on Islamic Law
- ISO 45001: An international standard for occupational health and safety management systems
- SQF: An international standard for management systems that ensure the safety and quality of food products
(Listed for each company)
Role and systems of the Customer Support Center
Day-to-day consultations with customers are vitally important activities that facilitate our efforts to ensure we can provide products and services that benefit our customers. We accept inquiries from customers by phone and email and do our best to respond promptly, accurately and sincerely.
One of the important roles of the Customer Support Center is to accurately grasp the meaning of customers’ inquiries, relay the comments to related organizational units and top management, and promote concrete measures to improve products and services. The Center strives to answer inquiries in a respectful, easy-to-understand manner in order to enhance customer satisfaction. For consultations that require direct customer visits, the Center works in coordination with marketing companies throughout Japan.
Expanding Yakult Delivery Net online ordering service
With a view to improving convenience as the e-commerce market continues to grow, Yakult launched the Yakult Delivery Net online ordering service in fiscal 2017 and expanded the service nationwide in September 2018. This service offers options for credit card payment and product delivery in a cold storage box, making it possible to deliver products in keeping with diverse consumer lifestyles. As of March 2023, the number of registered users increased 1.5-fold from the previous year to about 250,000, and we hope to expand the number of users to 270,000 by the end of fiscal 2023.
Note: The registration of new users has been suspended due to the shortage of some products (as of April 2023).